It is having various kinds of functions for an example.
1. Computer Conferencing.
2. Delivery of course materials.
3. Submission Assignment
4. Return Assignment.
5. E-mail Facility.
6. Creating online exams. Etc.
Some universities have embraced the idea of online learning and VLE by impressive a single system across the whole institution.
Initially VLE software was seen as primarily of interest to the field of distance education. Virtual Learning Environments are now seen as having a wide variety of applications in usual universities.
1. The internet access staff and student amount is increasing on campus or home.
2. Pressures and challenges of teaching more students in larger groups.
3. Issuing the quality of learning and the teaching.
4. Student support issue.
5. It provides more effective IT transportation to universities.
Increasingly, therefore, the view is that a VLE system is a flexible tool which can be used to support an existing face-to-face course; to enhance an existing course with online activities; or to develop a completely online course delivered at a distance. Advantage of adopting one solution is that the product can be well supported by learning technology or IT services in the university. The disadvantage is that it may not provide for all possible uses.
A VLE may open up new routes of communication between departments, supporting an improved and developing relationship.